A. AIM & OBJECTIVE
1. To acknowledge exemplary work and to encourage the sustenance of the East Asian spirit, the development and improvement of the East Asian built environment and enhancement of the awareness of the role of architecture and architects in the socio-economic and the culture of East Asian countries.
2. To demonstrate that good architecture is a major component of the positive influence on the human environment, and that physical development in Asia need not be in disharmony with the cultural values, national identity or the natural environment of developing countries in Asia.
B. SCOPE OF THE AWARD
The Award can be given to architectural works submitted by each ASEAN Member States and Plus Three Countries (Republic of Korea, People’s Republic of China, and Japan).
Architects who are Nationals in the ASEAN Member States and Plus Three Countries (Republic of Korea, People’s Republic of China, and Japan) aged 55 years old or below on the final date of submission are entitled to participate.
D. SUBMISSION PROCESS
National Sub-Committee on Culture of ASEAN Member States and Plus Three Countries (Republic of Korea, People’s Republic of China, and Japan) conduct the national selection.
The architects may submit entries to the said National Sub-Committee on Culture of ASEAN Member States and Plus Three Countries (Republic of Korea, People’s Republic of China, and Japan).
All entries will be accepted by the Awards Committee for adjudication by the Jury, provided that:
1. In each case, the entries are forwarded by National Sub-Committee on Culture of ASEAN Member States and Plus Three Countries (Republic of Korea, People’s Republic of China, and Japan).
2. The entries were completed and fully in operation for at least two (2) years before the date on which the Awards will be conferred.
3. Members of the Jury, their business partners or former business partner/s or staff members within a period of three (3) years, or member of their immediate families shall not be eligible for submissions.
4. Entries that have received an award previously are not eligible to participate.
E. SELECTION CRITERIA
In the assessment of entries, the Jury will take regional differences into consideration, paying particular attention to the socio-cultural, environmental location and to the resultant standard of the facility in concerned. Entries submitted should be sound both¬ conceptually and technologically within the context of Asia. The project should be relevant as a source of inspiration, at least in the country of its location and preferably in the Asian region.
F. MATERIALS TO BE SUBMITTED
In order to assess the entries, the following material will be required:
1. Description of the Programme and Facility (Form 1 & 2).
2. Description of the Suitability of the Facility (Form 3 & 4).
3. Small-scale site plan, a maximum of 3 small-plans and up to two (2) sectional views (Form 5).
4. Minimum five (5) colour print photographs with explanatory text in English.
The working language of the Awards and all correspondence concerning the Awards and all related explanatory texts, labels, captions, completion of Forms, etc., will be in English.
All applicants shall submit colour photos in a 200 mm x 250 mm format and as built drawings on 297 mm x 420 mm sheets properly mounted on boards, within the specified time frame, to the Awards Committee. Failure to submit the same as per specified standards within the time stipulated by the Award Committee will disqualify the entry from the Award. All materials submitted shall become the property of the Awards Committee, and may be displayed or published at the discretion of ASEAN Secretariat.
a) Each ASEAN Member States and Plus Three Countries (Republic of Korea, People’s Republic of China, and Japan) announce the information about selection of best architecture design at the national level based on the criteria stipulated by the Awards Committee at least 2nd of September, 2014.
b) Organizing Committee at national level select 1 winner and 2 citations at least 1st of February, 2015.
c) The 3 selected entries will be sent to Indonesia as Country Coordinator at least 10th of February, 2015 to participate in regional exhibition.
Expression of Cultural Identity: Emerging Architecture in East Asia
I. TIME SCHEDULE
Regional Coordinative Meeting : 19 – 21 August 2014 National Selection : 16-17 January 2015 Regional Selection : 10th February 2015 Regional Exhibition : October 2015
J. CONTACT PERSONS
1. Mr. Darwin Tampubolon
Secretariat ASEAN Sub Committee on Culture Head Section for External Cultural Diplomacy Directorate of Internalization of Values and Cultural Diplomacy Directorate General of Culture Ministry of Education and Culture Level 4, Building E, Complex Kemdikbud Jl. Jend. SudirmanSenayan Telp. : +62 21 5725564 Fax. : +62 21 5725564 E-mail :email@example.com
2. Mr. GenturAdiutama
Directorate for Internalization of Values and Cultural Diplomacy Ministry of Education and Culture Building E, 10th Floor, JalanJenderalSudirman, Jakarta, Indonesia Telp. : +62 21 5725047 Fax : +62 21 5725047 Mobile : +62 82112691287 E-mail :firstname.lastname@example.org DOCUMENT
3. Secretariat of Indonesia Institute of Architects (IAI)
Telp. : +62 21-5304715 / +62 21-5304623 Fax : +62 21 5304622 E-mail : email@example.com atau firstname.lastname@example.org
|Form 1-6.pdf (11 downloads)||221.48 kB||2014-11-19|
|Form A and B.pdf (9 downloads)||12.31 kB||2014-11-19|
|Poster.jpg (12 downloads)||69.98 kB||2014-11-19|
|poster citation-4.jpg (10 downloads)||2.8 MB||2014-11-25|
|TECHNICAL GUIDELINES.pdf (10 downloads)||62.99 kB||2014-11-19|