The competition brings attention to the spaces along the borders of the 10 ASEAN nations, with the aim of improving their existing condition.
While there has been much disccussion about achieving a "borderless" condition through economic and legislative initiatives, currently, the actual border spaces themselves have been neglected and are lagging behind these developments.
For many people inhabiting these areas, the border remains a place of division and uncertanty. Out dated infrastructure affects their sense of security and livelihood. Socio-economic and cultural differences lead to misunderstandings and ainequalities. In some areas, borders have become spaces of conflict and dispute.
"in order to achieve "borderless", we must understand the space of the borders themselves."
- Luke Yeung
We are seeking solutions that can demonstrate how architecture can re-define the future of ASEAN borders. By focusing on local border sites, specific cultural, social and ecological issues can be addressed while engaging in larger spatial and institutional scales.
VO TRONG NGHIA
vo trong nghia, vietnam
tezuka architects, japan
CURATOR AND HEAD OF JURY
- first prize 3,000 USD
- second prize 1,500 USD
- third prize 800 USD
In addition there will be 3 honorable mentions.
- the participant can select any site
- the choosen site must be along the border between 2 or more ASEAN countries
Each submission must include the following contents:
- BORDER SITE
The participant can select any site that is directly along the border between 2 or more ASEAN countries. Identify the chosen site by geographic coordinates (latitude/longitude) as well as images, maps and photograph of the exsiting condition. Use these images to define the isssues of the site location.
- DESIGN RESPONSE
Conceptual drawings, analytical drawings, sections, plans, renderings and perspective drawings in any scale. Use these images to demonstrate the direction the design takes in response to the site location.
- WRITTEN EXPLANATION
No more than 600 words (English)
- SUBMISSION FORMAT
- One A2 sheet (Landscape Format 420x594mm)
- File format : High-quality JPEG
- Resolution: 150 dpi (3,508x2,480pixels)
- Text file containning the project statement (600 words max)
- Text file containing the entrants personal information, including name, profession, addres and email.
- Video/animation file: File format: flv
- Resolutioin : 640x385px
- Files that do not meet the specified requirements will not to be takes into consideration.
- For exact submission requirements please refer to the competition website.
Register online at www.borderlesscompetition.com
ELIGIBILTY TO PARTICIPATE
- Student, architects, urban planners, designers, artist, thinkers
- No limits on age, gender or nationality.
- The specified site must be along the border between 2 or more ASEAN countries.
- No limits on the number of submission.
- Official Announcement for competition: January 30, 2012
- Online Registration for competition begins: January 30 2013
- Deadline for submission: March 30 2013
- Announcement of awarded entries: April 22 2013
|00_borderless.jpg (15 downloads)||133.29 kB||2013-02-18|
|01_borderless.jpg (13 downloads)||128.52 kB||2013-02-18|
|02_borderless.jpg (11 downloads)||177.14 kB||2013-02-18|